Monday, May 18, 2009

One Month Doctor's Appointment


Griffin had his one month doctor's appointment last Friday (only one shot, which he took quite well). Our little guy weighed in at 9 lbs, 15 oz (one oz from double digits!) and the nurse measured him at 22.5 inches. I say "the nurse measured him" because 1) the method of measuring his height at our doctor is pretty rudimentary (they lay him on the exam table and make marks with their pen at his 'head' and 'feet') and 2) when she measured him the first time she came up with his height from the last appointment...so I asked her to check what his height was the last time, and when she realized he "hadn't grown" she tried again...however even her second try, to me, was lightening fast and still lacked [any] precision even though she came up with a measurement that was an inch longer than last time.


With that being said, Ben and I have decided to take our own measurements but haven't gotten that far yet after our long weekend. All that mattered, of course, was that the doctor said he was doing very well growth and otherwise, so we still have a healthy little Pooch on our hands. :)

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that with our doctor too - they didn't seem to care that the height is accurate. At the time I wagered that it was because they didn't think it was important - maybe they just do it to check for gross abnormalities or just for the parents?

    ReplyDelete