For quite some time...nearly as long as we've lived in this house...we have had a large lawnmower and blade sitting in our garage taking up space. In fact, all it was good for was preventing me from putting the carseat in the car without backing out of the garage first...until now. This weekend Ben and Tom decided to try their hands at mechanic-ing (for lack of a better word) and I have to be honest, I was skeptical...and by their own admissions, so were they. However, a few hours, a few chemical spills, and one trip to Farm n' Fleet later, we heard the roar from inside. Soon (and I knew we would...I was waiting for it) we saw Ben pull up in the backyard tooling around on "his machine."
I'm very proud of the two of them and, though I can certainly wait for the snow, it will be much quicker to plow it off of the driveway than shovel it! Nice work, boys!
Oh, these pictures capture Ben and his dad perfectly! What a great way to spend a few hours.
ReplyDelete