Sunday, October 16, 2011

Duncan is Three Months Old!

Well "little" baby Duncan is THREE months old!  He's come a long way in the last month...for starters, since we've been giving him Zantac for his reflux he's a much happier little boy.  He also learned to roll in the past month...both ways...and is really, really wanting to sit up by himself.  He can scoot from one end of his crib to another and turn himself around to face the opposite way.  And, as I have posted before, he is growing at what seems like a lightning pace.  I don't have any official stats yet, as our appointment with the pediatrician isn't until tomorrow afternoon but I am very interested to see just what those stats are.

Duncan is getting better in the car...we removed the strap covers and the head support and that seemed to make a positive difference.  Now instead of screaming at the top of his lungs the entire time he is in the car, he merely cries about half of the time, and actually falls asleep once in a while.  So I am hoping that we are on the upswing with this - otherwise, we won't be leaving the house much for the next few months!

Sleeping-wise, Dunc is not doing great.  We have gotten him to sleep from 8:30 - 3am...but sparingly.  I am only feeding him once in the "night", so he does not get used to a lot of grub during the nighttime - but there is still a LOT of getting up to soothe.  He really likes to sleep from about 7pm to around 10 or 11...so I am hoping to try to keep him awake more during those hours and see if it makes a difference.  Let's just say when I see others post on Facebook that their babies, born within days of Duncan, are sleeping 10-11 hours at night without interruption...I get a little frustrated and a LOT jealous.  But, this seems to be the way of the Pucci boys...they just DON'T like to sleep when they are little...and we can only hope that the proverbial "light switch" goes off with Duncan like it did with Griff!  And again, this will also be a topic for tomorrow's pediatrician visit!  :)

Personality-wise, we get a lot of giggles and laughs from baby D.  He loves watching Griffin (even today, when Griffin was having a meltdown right next to him, Duncan turned to him and laughed...I was amused but don't think G appreciated it much).  And he absolutely loves being the center of attention - funny, they both have that in common!  He is usually pretty happy to just sit and be talked to, and he now is talking back or at least giving it his best effort.  But if you sit him down to do something else (like feed Griff...empty the dishwasher...any other little household task) LOOK OUT.  Duncan does not appreciate being ignored.  He simply will not have it.  Why am I not surprised?!?  But he generally gets his way, at least with his momma; all he has to do is turn those big baby blues on me and I am toast.

I know it sounds cliche, but I just can't remember life without TWO little boys in our house and we wouldn't want it any other way.  I can't wait (well I guess I can, I don't want to wish away their "little-ness") until they are running and playing with each other.  I hope they are the best of friends...because they are both truly awesome little souls!



No comments:

Post a Comment