Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Mine!

So...this is a post about both boys...a story of Griff's with pictures of Duncan's lovies...

So before Valentine's Day Griffin and I were practicing telling each other to: "Be Mine!"  And he had the phrase down pat.  When he gave Ms. Asha her V'Day goodies asked her to "be his" and he and I had exchanged it a few times, too.  But, at bedtime, he had also begun to say it.  So it has become a part of our bedtime routine now.  After books and baby songs I will blow him kisses and end with "be mine" to which he answers as I shut the door, "be mine!"  And I love it! 

Last night Griff had some difficulty getting to bed and he begged me to come to "mama's bed," which, after my own heart, is his favorite place in the world to snuggle/hide/read books/hide favorite toys, etc.  So he came to mama's bed.  And after I tucked him in he asked me to turn the "light off!"  So I did.  And as we were laying there in the dark getting to sleep I hear a little whisper, "be mine, mommy."  Done, Griff!  :)

And here is Dunc with HIS Valentine, Tucker!  Tucker is so good with Duncan and D just adores him. 

And this wasn't just Duncan falling into Tucker - they snuggled like this for a while



And his newest lovie...his Kushie Giraffe from Gma "Khaki" (per Griff)

He will snuggle Tucker, and his kushie, now I have to get him to snuggle his mommy just the same!  We are working on it.  Slowly but surely...

No comments:

Post a Comment