Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lovin' It!

There's still a lot going on in our house this week! Floor update: the dining room is complete, the living room is complete except for the quarter-round. It took a LOT of difficult cuts to get it done, but Ben hammered it out. I'm amazed at how awesome it looks -- he did such a great job. Maybe he's got a new career. :) Playroom update: Griff (and Ty, too) are really liking the new space. I bought some foam playmats and once I get around to a cute window treatment it will be complete. Nanny update: this is Griff's first week out of school and at home with his new nanny. And let me tell you, he is LOVING it. And quite frankly, so am I! She is amazing with the boys and each and every time I see Griff he is on cloud nine. And I'm not gonna lie, it's a ton easier on me, too. Just knowing that he is home with her during the day, and knowing how great she is with both boys, gives me such a sense of peace that I just didn't have before. She took the picture above of him singing during art time, and the look on his face cracks me up. I swear he is the most entertaining child on the planet.


Let's see how entertaining he is tomorrow when he and I venture down to my parents' house for my sister's baby shower...over 4 hours in the car. I've got snacks and DVDs lined up, and I'm hoping those plus a little nigh-nigh time get us through. We're also planning on taking him to the Illinois State Fair on Sunday before we head back up, and I know he's going to love that, as well. Taking in new things is at the top of his list right now. Updates to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment