As I posted about before, Ben and I were recently gone for the weekend, without Griff...for the first real time. What made it much easier to be gone was that he was in such good, loving hands while we were gone: with our nanny and with the Atkinsons. Our nanny said that when Griff woke up on the Friday (Ben and I had left early that morning before he got up), he asked for me. She said she got the magnet of Ben and I that we had on the side of the fridge and gave it to him for him to look at. Not only did he look at it but he carried it with him, and she said even when they went to the library for storytime he kept it in his pocket and would stick his hand in periodically to make sure it was still there.
And, when he was very little, he had a teething book with pics of "who loves baby" in it...which was his favorite toy for quite some time. So, considering all of that coupled with the fact that Ben was scheduled to be out of town again on a six-week retrial, I decided to make a Shutterfly book for him of family pictures. It just came in the mail today, and when I handed it to him he would not put it down. In fact, when I asked him to sit with me so I could "read" it to him (help him turn the pages to see all of the pictures) he ran and emphatically said "MINE." I was finally able to get him to let me look at it with him, but then he took it away, went in his playroom, turned his back and got on his favorite car. When he turned around I saw that he had "hid" it in the hood compartment. Griff generally knows where the books go - on one of the shelves, or tossed on the floor in that general direction - but I've never seen him put one in his hood compartment...I don't think he's put anything in there at all, for that matter.
I think it's pretty stinkin' cute that he wants to hide away his book of people who love him, so he can keep it only for himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment