Well, last week we had planned on transitioning Griff to a big boy bed, but were going to wait for the weekend in case we had to lose a few winks the first few nights. We ordered the mattress and had his bedding from Gma Cathy all laundered and ready to go. When Griff and I got home on Thursday, however, we found this:
And the crib was dismantled in the guest room. Daddy had put everything together as a surprise. So...ready or not...Griff was sleeping in his big boy bed Thursday night. And he did. And he has ever since, naptimes too. And knock on wood it's been a seamless transition. He has loved it, and loved the independence! I have to admit that yesterday morning and today, when I heard the little "click" of our door opening in the morning and Griff climbed in our bed with me to cuddle, I loved it, too.
At naptime with his two absolute favorite books of the moment: Courage of the Blue Boy and Dear Zoo. "Again?" Yes, Griff...my limit at bedtime is 6 times per book. I have them memorized.
We did a lot of cleaning & organizing again this weekend...and again Ben did the bulk of the work (thank you!). And we also spent a lot of time on Saturday in the yard...cleaning up a winter's worth of gifts from the dogs (YUCK, but necessary), trimming back our tall grasses, and playing some fetch with Tucker. Griff loved it...and we are thankful that we are having some better weather so we can make a habit of it! Griff also enjoyed watching the golfers...they definitely had a captive audience when Griff was in the yard. He made sure to go right up to the fence and stare while they were chipping & putting. I'm sure they loved it. Ha. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment