Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nights Out & Big Steps

There's been a lot going on at the Pucci household lately...Ben and I enjoyed a couple of nights out this past week - and that's a bit out of the ordinary for us, or at least me, lately! We headed to the Blackhawks game during the week with some friends and enjoyed the game from Ben's firm's box, which is always a good time. And this weekend one of my friends from college got married downtown so we headed in again for that - and it was a great time - though I'll admit I was jealous of those who could kick back and have a couple of drinks (i.e. nearly everyone but me) and I stayed out way past my bedtime. Let's just say Ben owes me a few nights of him as the DD after July and I will not forget to collect. :)


We (Ben) spent the rest of the weekend readying the basement - in one final push - for the work to begin this week. He even purchased & installed a new sump pump...and re-piped the outside, too. I was very impressed, he has become quite the handyman in the past few years.


And Griff got a special delivery in the mail...new bedding from Gma Cathy as an early birthday present. Why new bedding? Because we *think* we are going to transition to a BIG BOY bed this weekend. We weren't going to push it...quite frankly we were planning on waiting a little longer, until the basement had more progress so we could move the guest furniture to the basement bedroom to work on Griff's big boy room. BUT, he has kind of decided on his own that he is ready. He's been napping in Tyler's big boy bed with Ty during naps at Ty's house, and he has completely nixed sleeping in any sort of pack n play. When he was at Auntie Liz's this week (he was lucky enough to hang with them while we went to the Hawks game) he went nigh nigh alone in Liz's bed, and went down with no hassle. We truly thought it would be much harder, as his crib is his favorite place in the world, but he has pretty much decided he is ready. SO, we are going to put his big-boy bed up in the nursery for the time being and try it out this weekend. We just need to buy a new mattress and Ben needs to fine-tune his headboard...then there's no looking back. I'm pretty sure it is going to be harder on me to see my little boy in a BIG bed (literally, he is going from a crib to a full-size and skipping the twin) but I think he will LOVE it.


Julie & Julia...at the game


Griff was VERY excited when his new "blankets" arrived. He couldn't wait to get the package open.


And, as he loves to do with his blankets, he wrapped himself in the duvet cover and proclaimed he was going "nigh nigh". On the tile floor. Didn't seem like the most comfy spot...but who was I to argue.


G is very into counting now, too. He counts everything he can...as he goes down the stairs he counts...he counts cars when we are driving...and here he is having some snack and counting the perforations on the mailing box. Seriously.


Don't doubt Griff got in on the basement action, too. He was very helpful to Daddy. He checked out all the tools... He helped move the pipes from the doggies "fort" Doing some sweeping

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he liked his new bedding :-), think it will be much more cozy on the bed though than on the tile floor. He's growing up too quick :-( Can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete