Monday, March 21, 2011

Lazy Weekend

We had a great weekend (I've been working on this post for a few days...busy week!). We didn't have plans, we didn't do anything note-worthy but we really had a great time. Ben played some golf Saturday morning so Griff and I were lazy for a bit and then ran some errands. We did have a tough moment when we got back from errands and Griff realized that I had purchased a gift for his buddy Tyler, who turns two this week. We got him a very cool airplane and some little airplanes...and Griff at first did quite well, choosing his own airplanes to play with. It was when I started wrapping the airplanes up that he got upset...I explained to him that it is hard, but that Ty is his friend and we give him gifts on his birthday just as friends give Griff gifts when HE turns 2. This did not altogether appease him, but he eventually moved past it. OR so I thought - until I saw him climb ON the dining room table to being unwrapping the gift. Seriously? I was surprised that it was such an issue because lately when I have bought things for the baby, he has simply inspected it, gave it a kiss and told me "for baby" as he gave it back. I guess super-soft stuffed animals do not compare to awesome tiger-striped airplanes. Lesson learned, Griff. :)

Other than that moment, Griff was amazing all weekend - he shared, he listened, and he was a little love-bug...giving kisses and hugs out liberally and just being his usual Mr. Personality. Ben worked a lot on the basement, as the work is going to begin on that in one week; we are very excited to be finishing the basement, but we are not so excited to have to clean the basement out entirely before that process begins. Let's just say we will be having a BIG garage sale this Spring, and for the time-being Ben is going to have to park in the driveway. One of the tasks we took care of this weekend was to go through all of Griff's old clothes - we cleaned them out and sorted by size. I have to say, looking through all of the clothes we have made me just a little more glad we are having two BOYS so we don't have to purchase an entirely new wardrobe. And so much of his stuff is too cute to be worn again! Griff was very interested in the baby clothes, especially the shoes. Griff loves shoes. He was specifically interested in a little pair of Nikes. Size 3. Griff now wears an 8. But he really, really wanted them to fit...and he got a little pouty when they didn't.

One of the boxes from the basement. Monday morning Griff decided to grab his blankies, climb in, and proclaim he was going "nigh nigh" in the box.

Trying on the Nikes...

They didn't fit, and so the resulting pouty face.



More of the box...just hanging out



Griff & Daddy clowning around



1 comment:

  1. I think I will just take his birthday presents back and trade them in on boxes. Looks like he is having alot of fun with them. You may need to get him a full or queen size box though, cause he has about outgrown that one for his bed. Love you big boy, Gma :-)

    ReplyDelete