Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby Brother

I had my 20-week ultrasound today...and if you know Ben and I well you know there was no way we were prolonging finding out the news of what Griffin was expecting: a baby brother or sister. And although Ben couldn't make the appointment (still in Bloomington, yuck) Ms. Ashley brought a couple of special guests...Griff and his buddy Ty! I had to come straight from court so they met us at the doctor's office. Griff was asleep in the car when they pulled in...which didn't bode well, but he made it through a good chunk of the appointment before having to head back home - I'm told he was asleep before they left the parking lot! Thanks to Ms. A for braving two boys in a doctor's office! I'm glad Griff was able to be there to get a glimpse of who he will be sharing pretty much everything with in the near future.

We told Griff that he was going to get to see the baby...we called it a "baby movie" which made it much more attractive for him to want to watch. He watched for a bit, exclaimed "ooooooo, BABY!" and seemed a bit unfazed when we found out he was having a baby BROTHER! Though I am going to be outnumbered in the house 3-to-1, I am pretty excited that these two boys are going to be close in age and hopefully best buds. Griff has decided that his top two names for his brother are either "Buzz" or "Daddy." We will have to talk about that later. :)

Everything looked good - we saw fingers, toes, a strong heartbeat, and LOTS of movement. I will say that this little guy definitely gives Griff a run for his money in that department - he is always moving, even keeping me up at night. We are measuring right on, with the baby in the 50th percentile for growth.
He seemed quite interested in attempting to get his thumb in his mouth and from the looks of the above shot, he made it!

Two little feet

A profile...too cute!!


1 comment:

  1. I missed seeing these on the blog for some reason last week. We are sooo excited for grandson number 3 :-) If you girls keep going with the boys we could have a basketball team soon, think?
    Love you, Mom/Gama

    ReplyDelete