Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Year Doctor's Appointment

Part of Griffin's birthday "celebration" included a trip to a new pediatrician (Dr. Kershaw) for his one-year check up. Griffin weighed in at 23 lbs 9 oz (60th percentile) and was 32 inches tall (96th percentile). She said he was doing great physically, had great muscle tone and was moving well; developmentally, he is right on track while his speech is very advanced. At this point, Griffin says: mama, dada, doggie, shoes, all done, hi, bubble, baby, and Tucker among a few other less-understandable words. And when I say Griff "says" these things -- as anyone who is a parent knows, the words aren't always crystal clear, but we get his drift most of the time. In fact, last week after driving to school, I opened his car door to unbuckle him and said "Hiii, Griffin!" to which he looked at me and responded: "Hiiii, Mama." I then repeated, "Hi, Griffin" and got another "Hiiii, Mama!" Every day is something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment