Just a quick update on Griffin, who turned 15 months yesterday. We haven't been to his pediatrician for his 15-month appointment (that is in a week or so) so I'm not sure as to his weight and height, but in my opinion he's pretty darn tall and has thinned out quite a bit (not that he ever was a chunk). He is talking up a storm, I can't even remember all of the words he's saying now...but it's so cute to ask him what a monkey says ("ooo ooo ooo"), then what a lion says ("roooaaaaaaa"), then what a snake says ("ssss sss"). He got a new dinosaur book yesterday from Grandma Kris (mommy and Grandma Kris spoiled him a bit yesterday) and this morning he picked it up and ROARED at the dinosaur. His sharpness never ceases to amaze me. He constantly asks, "What's that?" and then repeats what we say (he gets fairly close most of the time). There's rarely a quiet moment in our house, and if there is and I run to check on him, I find him sitting by his books just perusing them slowly. Textures and flaps are his favorites.
Griff continues to love, love, love his "nigh nigh" and will take two naps a day (two good naps a day) if given the opportunity. He's having some separation anxiety now at night (around 2:30 am - 3:00 am like clockwork) and needs to make sure that mommy/daddy is still there. And, admittedly, sometimes he does come sleep with us around that time. I know, I know, not a good habit to start, but let's be honest, sometimes it's just easier! And it's not a bad thing to wake up to an adorable little boy cuddling next to you (and often he uses Tucker as a pillow, which is also pretty darn cute).
He's just as astonished as we are that the balloons from his birthday party THREE months ago still are flying high with helium.
No comments:
Post a Comment