Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Craft

Some changes are going to be taking place in Griff's day-to-day routine in a few weeks: he's going to be a pre-school dropout at a very early age. :) We've decided that instead of Goddard, we are going to go the nanny-route from here on out. And to make it even better, Griff is going to get to spend every single day with his best bud Ty, because we are going to nanny-share with the Lackes (only Ty, Luke is going to a big-boy program).


So we've been doing some preparing around the house for the big change...I'm ordering a kiddo table from Pottery Barn Kids to put in the kitchen area where the boys can eat and have art-time, AND I've been organizing Griff's toys. Because Griff's toys are primarily in baskets, I thought long and hard at how to best label them so that the boys can learn with the nanny how to help pick up, and that all of the toys have a certain place. After many trips to Michaels and Target, my final template was a plain wooden plaque that I painted, decorated, lacquered so nothing would peel off, and then tied on to each basket with suede strips. I was pretty pleased with the outcome and wanted to share. Below are a few examples of what I did...from dinosaurs to bugs, books, art supplies, and just general boy junk, now Ty and Griff have a visual of where to put the "stuff" after playtime.


Had to have a basket for miscellaneous boy stuff....


And of course Disney figurines...

BALLS!


Cars & Trucks



Books (and more, and more, and more BOOKS! Griff got even more this weekend and they are his absolute favorite way to spend time)






Dinos (another of Griff's current favorite subjects)

No comments:

Post a Comment