Saturday, September 4, 2010

Muffins with Mommy


Today was the best morning that I have had in quite some time. First, Griff slept in....until 10 a.m. That's right, my little man slept from 7:30 last night until 10 this morning...he is one growing boy (he is growing UP and his feet are growing OUT...in the past week he has grown out of all of his shoes and I've had to break out the new pairs...one size up to a 6). Then once he got up he and I headed out for some breakfast...Ben was playing early golf, and because it is a little chilly today (!) we weren't able to hit up the pool. So we headed to our traditional Mommy-n-Griff low-key breakfast out location: Starbucks for our faaaavorite rasberry muffins. As we were sitting there having muffins, milk, and tea (for Momma) I just couldn't believe how handsome and grown-up this little boy sitting across from me (in a normal chair, no high chair or booster necessary) was. I got teary-eyed and then dug for my camera to capture his adorable little mug. After muffins we hit the library for some playtime and then we met daddy for lunch at the Club. It may be too cold to swim on the last weekend the pool is open, but this day so far has been unbeatable.










Lovin the fishtank...he told the fish "bye bye" time and again, but kept coming back from other activities to make sure they were still there. Mommy's gonna cave, and after Griff wakes from his nap (that's right, slept 'til 10am and back down already for another nap, unbelievable) we may head out to get Griff a fish of his very own.



"All done", Griff proclaims after every book or puzzle...off to see if the fish have moved






No comments:

Post a Comment