This weekend I was in the kitchen cooking Griff some breakfast and he was, not surprisingly, at his place at the kitchen table drawing. Not coloring, DRAWING...as he will quickly correct you. He said "mom, I drew whales." I responded that was awesome, let me see (thinking I would just see some lines, etc. as I should see from a two-year old's "drawing"). What I saw was below. He actually drew some pretty darn good whales complete with fins and eyes, in my humble (and yes, biased) opinion. And it is so unbelievable watching him do it. He concentrates so hard on each one, makes the circles, fins, and then at the very end says..."hmmm...eye" and dots the whale with the eye. And the big blue mark-outs...those are where he did not like how his whale was turning out, so he said "no" and marked it out.
I think this may be something that runs in the family...Grandpa Tom is a pretty good artist (and has painted some work that hangs in both our house and Deanna's), and Ben of course has drawn quite a few sketches for both of the boys rooms...and now Griff. I really think he has it. And he can sit for an hour or more and just draw. Pretty impressive for his age. This one is going in a frame. I am one proud momma!
No comments:
Post a Comment