It's needless to say, but I will anyway, that I have been behind in the blogging department. I have so many posts to do...so many I WANT to do...but only so little time to do them lately. Life has been getting in the way...and that's okay. It'll get done. So thank you for waiting patiently for the Pucci Family news. Since I last blogged we've been to Florida, Griff turned THREE, Duncan turned 9 months, and G had a birthday party. And so much happened in between all of that! But, this post is dedicated to my three year old. My hilarious, rambunctious, action-loving, constantly-moving, intelligent, witty, cuddly, lovable three year old. How I do love that boy!
There are so many things about Griffin right now that I cannot imagine forgetting. But, to be sure...I want to summarize some of my favorite stories and phrases....Griffin's phrases right now are pretty amazing!
"That Just Happa!" I will often say, after seeing or doing something funny, frustrating, unusual...but generally frustrating "well that just happened." And apparently Griff picked up on that. After he does something he finds funny or clever he will look up and say, "Yep, that just happa!"
"I heeeeaaar you, ______!" Griff says this frequently and in his mind this phrase means either I hear you or I WANT to hear you...and where are you so I can hear you? He called this out to the zebras off of the balcony in Disney and he often calls this out to Daddy at home.
"I heeeaaar you, Daddy, I heeeaar you!"
"I heeeaaar you, Daddy, I heeeaar you!"
"I hold you." When Griff says this it means that he would like to be held. I assume he caught this from me asking him at bedtime, "would you like me to hold you?" And there is rarely a time where his wish isn't granted. After all, he's only little for so long...
"Be Mine. Classified." I posted a while back about our nightly "Be Mine" exchange and since griff has decided that Wall-E is his favorite movie of late, sometimes we talk robot. And sometimes at night I will say "Be Mine," and Griff responds with "Be Mine. CLASSIFIED!"
"NOT THAT!" Yeah, we hear a lot of this. Believe me, if you begin to do something that Griff would rather you didn't, you will hear this one.
"I want a happy birthday party!" We heard a lot of this after we talked up his third birthday. And since his third birthday, we have heard a lot more of this. I'm pretty sure he does not understand the concept of waiting another entire year for his next "happy birthday party."
"Animal iPad": Because Griff's first experiences with the iPad were with animals apps, he calls the iPad the "animal iPad." And because I tell him often that I have to take it to work with me, he thinks I'm a veterinarian.
"Baby Mawone" I am a nicknamer. Always have been. Started with Tucker. I can't even remember all of the nicknames that he went through...but let's just say I'm kind of surprised that he learned his name. I just can't help it. Well I call Duncan "Baby Malone." (started with Duncaroni, then to Duncanrone, then to Rone, then to Rone Rone Malone, then to Baby Malone). That is generally how my nicknames evolve. :) And there's a song to go along with the nickname...its Dunc's intro song! "Baby Malone, bum bum bum, BABY MALONE!" And the other night in the bathtub Griff started singing it. Love that!
"HUUUUUUH?" If Griff doesn't think he fully understands you, or if he just wants to be silly, sometimes he will respond to anything you say with a crazy-voiced "HUUUUUUH?"
Some other funny ones that need no explanation: "oh my gush!" "what da heck!?!" and, of course "son a za BEE!"
Griffin is a boy that KNOWS what he likes. And now, being three, he is absolutely into machines! And don't misidentify them. How dare you. He knows his skid steers, bulldozers, crane trucks, backhoes, scrapers, rollers, tractors, etc. And his absolute favorite? The excavator! Our bedtime routine must include "Good Night Construction Site" that Auntie Liz bought him. This book is one of my favorites, too...perfect for toddlers into machines. And don't skip a page -- because I skipped a couple one evening after an exhausting day -- and he was very indignant that he did not get to read the bulldozer portion!
Look at that skid steer! When Griff sees something he likes he will exclaim, "look at that _____!" And this was a new skid steer he got before we went to Florida.
Another one of Griffin's favorite words is "tarjeta." This is Spanish for "card." Ben said it to Griff once and Griff just seems to like to say it. He will just come up and say "tarjeeeeta!" Please ignore my idiocy in this video.
"Happy Birthday Party" pics will also follow via separate post: it was a construction extravaganza and I think G is STILL catching up on his sleep. Griffin Pucci is one amazing three-year old and though I selfishly wish I could keep him little, I know he is going to make such an astounding impact on this world as he grows older. We sure do love you, sweetheart.

No comments:
Post a Comment