Many of you know I am not a fan of sand. Dirt I can handle. Sand is gritty, yucky, and so hard to get OUT of your house or car. So when we had unseasonably warm weather in March and Griffin found his "spot" behind the big tree, and then decided to take his construction minis out there...I was okay with that. Dirt is fine. And G would spend ALL day out there, just digging in the dirt...looking for worms or "remipedes" (thank you Octonauts). He had his magnifying glass out there. He took Cat Meow. He was content. And then, upon many suggestions of "why don't you just GET him a sandbox" we (kind of) caved. And Ben built him one. Around the tree. And the best part (for me anyway)? We filled it with "play sand" which is not gritty OR gross and it brushes off even easier than dirt. Score all around! Griff is completely enamored with his sandbox...and often he will wake up and want to "play in my sandbock" (G speak) right off the bat. Even when the weather has been NOT unseasonably warm. :)
| The beginnings of the need for the "sandbock" |
| Perfect place to store Cat Meow, after I told him to try not to get it dirty... |
| Tucker Bear is always the good sport! |
| Worms! |
| Working on the project...filling with sand... |
| He couldn't be happier |
| Following a spider with his magnifying glass.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment