Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weekend Update...belated

We had a fun and relaxing weekend. Grandma Cathy came up on Friday, and Griffin was very excited to see her (and vice versa). We relaxed at home on Friday night and grilled out while Griffin sat on a blanket and played with his new "lap top" that Grandma Cathy brought him (he loves it...look for emails from him soon).

On Saturday, since Griffin gets up (and thus gets US up) pretty early, we had ample time in the morning to grab fresh fruits and veggies and cook up some Griffin food! We made two kinds of squash, peaches, bananas, avocados, green beans, and pears. I LOVE the Beaba Babycook that Grandma Kris got us before Griffin was born...it is so easy to chop up the fruit or veggie, and then the Babycook steams it, then purees it. We then freeze it in the silicone freezer trays (each hole is approximately a serving-size)...when it's good and frozen I pop it out, into labeled ziploc freezer bags. So when it is mealtime it's easy to grab a "chunk", defrost it, and it's ready for him to eat. Or, more appropriately, ready for us to try to entice him to eat. G decidedly has his favorites: avocados, bananas, and carrots...in that order. He also definitely has his not-so-favorites...starting with green beans. But we are getting there...mealtime (solids, at least) is still not his favorite time, nor ours. Though don't doubt when it's bottle time and he even SEES a bottle, he gets extremely excited and waves his arms and grabs for the bottle feverishly...makes washing bottles when he is in eyeshot hard! :)


Also on Saturday, since Grandma Cathy wanted more Griffin time (and because she volunteered!) Ben and I were able to get out and go to Crystal Lake Country Club and play a round of golf. More specifically, Ben was able to play 18 holes and I played about 12 (which I think was good for me, considering that the amount of swings I had was quite larger than his, comparatively)! We had a good time, however, and I must say that I did not quit once nor did I get too frustrated. I had some good shots. I had some NOT so good shots, too, but all-in-all I had fun. After golf we came home and headed out to dinner (Cucina Bella, one of our favorite places)...and then after we put G. to bed Grandma Cathy was again gracious enough to stay home while Ben and I went out for drinks. It was nice to get out...thanks Mom!

On Sunday morning we all got up and had a yummy brunch at CLCC and showed Grandma Cathy around before she left. We then had the afternoon to relax and get ready to watch the Bears win!
Glad to see Grandma Cathy!

Trying to grab the camera, one of his new favorite games. He REALLY wants the camera as his own.

I love my new laptop!

Really....a lot

.
Enough with the pictures

Family shot before brunch

Grandma Cathy after peeling, slicing and dicing.

Dad with our favorite machine...pretending he'd helped with all of the prep work...but generally he just steps in for the fun part (revving up for the pureeing)

No comments:

Post a Comment