Tonight when I came home we had a big box sitting on our porch. Exciting! Griff wanted to help me open it, so we opened it together. And, generally, I didn't figure he would be too excited about the contents (though I was...Pottery Barn Kids order finally came in...yay!). I had ordered the boys each a chamois floor pillow with their names on it, Easter basket liners, and I ordered Griff chamois sheets and pillowcases. Now, if you know of my love for PBK chamois {everything} this won't surprise you...but Griff is also now in love with it. And so is Ben...he wishes they would sell king-sized sheet sets! The boys had (have) the chamois crib sheets, and Duncan had started to get his big boy bed stuff, too, as gifts. And Duncan's big boy bed is going to be outfitted to the max with PBK chamois. And Griff...was jealous. His sheets? Weren't chamois. Neither were his pillowcases. I had already bought D the chamois duvet cover, but Gma Cathy got him the sheet set and pillowcases for Christmas. Griff found the sheets, opened them, and carried it around rubbing it on his face proclaiming it was "his NEW blankie!". So I caved, and put them on Griff's bed (Dunc, don't be mad, I know this was one of the few things in life that would have been yours and only yours but it was only for a week or so, promise). Griff refused to use a pillow (I didn't let him use the pillowcases) and would only sleep on the sheet, because, in his words..it was "so so soft!"
So I ordered him his own. And when he opened the box, I handed him the sheets and he yelled, clear as day "THAT IS WHAT I WAAAANTED!" Really? Neither Ashley nor I had heard this phrase from him before but we couldn't stop laughing. And I handed him the pillowcase. "WOW! That is what I wanted!" And the other pillowcase? You guessed it...that was what he wanted!!! I tried to get it on video...but at that time, he was a little tired of saying it so t he video isn't the best.
But tonight, his bed is outfitted with his new sheets and pillowcases and he insisted that both Ben and I lay down in his bed with him so he could show us how "so so soft" it was. I am definitely one that loves to be "cozy" in my bed...and I love that both of my boys do, too!
I'm agree with you and your dad Griffin "I waaaant those too!" Gma will sleep with you next time I come up :-)
ReplyDelete