Griffin and I have a bit of a new nighttime routine. Lately, he has been WIRED before bed and is literally bouncing off of the walls. So, in order to try to get him to calm down a little before bed, I have been laying down with him in his bed and asking him if he wants me to sing him songs. Specifically, I ask if he'd like me to sing him a "baby song;" this, to Griff, means a lullaby. And it's been working like a charm! He gets calm, lays next to me and says "yes, peez." And if my head is not on the pillow he will pat the pillow next to his head and pull my head toward it. And while I sing him his "baby song" he watches me intently with a little smile on his face the entire time. And when the song is over he smiles wider and asks "one more time" (which sounds so sweet as "one mo tym?"). It melts my heart every time I hear that, and as a result, we generally go through a LOT of "baby songs." Sometimes we make them up, and he specifically likes any baby song that I insert his name into, often requesting "baby song with GiGi in it."
Griffin is so full of imagination and joy that it is unbelievable. Today, when he woke up, he proclaimed that he was a "hippo po mas." Before I had left for work, he had been a snake, a hippo, a whale, a "roar" (dinosaur, tiger or lion, pick your pleasure), a dog, a giraffe/hippo who likes chocolate milk, and a cat. And I hear from Ms. Ashley that he has also been crawling around like an animal AND that he pooped on the potty today like an animal! (I know this sounds odd, as animals specifically DON'T poop on the potty, but we have been having some difficulty for some time now with poopy on the potty...so we insist to Griff that hippos, whales, doggies, cats, giraffes, baby ducks, chicks, snakes, cows, and horses poop on the potty so he must, too!).
I can't wait to spend my weekend with my silly shape-changing animal and his little brother. I can't help but wonder how Duncan is going to make us laugh when he's a little older. If Griffin's imagination is any indication, we are in for some fun!
Why don't we have a video of momma singing? I'll expect one tomorrow :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on the potty too, I knew you could do it! Ask momma and daddy to post some pics of the hippo's, snakes and whales, etc. on the potty Griffin. I'd like to see those :-P
ReplyDelete