Monday, September 12, 2011

Mini Vaca

The boys, Ashley and I took a mini-vaca the week before I headed back to work.  We had hit the Brookfield Zoo, which was a lot of fun...but Griff decided, since he is a pretty big animal fan, that we should go to ANOTHER zoo in the same week.  So we headed to Milwaukee for a couple of days and had some hotel fun and had a great time at the Milwaukee Zoo - by far our favorite zoo.  The animals were all out and were all active.  And we were able to see so many of them up close & personal.  We had a fantastic time and Griff talked about it for days.
\



 Duncan and Momma being silly

 "Hi, elephants!"

Clearly a favorite!  :) Griff saw hippos both in and outside, and was able to convince the inside hippo not to be scared to swim.  He called it "GG's hippo".

 Up close and personal with this ROAR!

 Baby chicks...close to his fav baby DUCKS ("gucks").  When you're older I will tell you about my discussion with the zookeeper when I tried to convince her to let you hold one of the chicks, Griff.  I will not type it here...a bit disturbing.  :)

 Outside HEEPOS!

 The three of us

 Out to eat.  Griff sat down and proclaimed "MULK!" to the waiter.  He's a boy who knows what he wants.

He loved the hotel set-up too.  Muffins and Cars 2.  This is the life.

1 comment:

  1. Those are a couple of handsome boys there, Gma loves those smiles :-) Can't wait to see you all this weekend.

    ReplyDelete